Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ten Grands Concert

Today we had the pleasure of attending what Seleia enthusiastically called, "my favorite concert so far ever!!" at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall in Portland (the same venue we saw the symphony at 2 weeks ago).  Ten brilliant pianists, from age 13 to adult, on 10 grand pianos.  Ensemble pieces, solos, duets and medleys of all genres combined to make a show that we all enjoyed thoroughly.  Seleia liked the entire group playing the Charlie Brown theme song, Elora's favorite was Beethoven and Amarra's favorite?  "All of them!" (I think Joel liked a very boogie-woogie duet of The Chatanooga Choo Choo, and I was partial to a medley of Scott Joplin ragtime melodies, including but not limited to, The Entertainer played by four pianists on 2 pianos.)  Near the end, a 14 year old pianist with a beautiful voice sang (accompanied by piano, of course) Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" and during the chorus I found myself welling up as I sat with my wonderful husband on my left, Amarra on my lap with her arms back around me, Elora on my right holding my hand and Seleia on her right with her hand on my arm....feeling overwhelmingly grateful for the myriad of ways in which God has blessed my life.  Granted, I'm a bit emotional these days, but I wouldn't have traded that moment for anything.

2 comments:

Who am I... said...

:)

Anonymous said...

AWWW... :) That sounds AWESOME! :) I am so glad you guys had fun. :)

God Bless You Guys,
Saerwen