Thursday, August 19, 2010

Frog Hunters

Last night we set out at dusk armed with rain boots, gladware, and the net we use to clean the pool to, well....catch frogs!  Amarra loves frogs and reptiles and non-spider bugs.  She missed our "frog friends" we liberated last summer, so we trekked down to the pond to see what we could see.  At first it looked like the journey would be a wash, but then I found one...half the size of the tip of my pinky finger at best.  When we realized how small the frogs were that we were looking for, we started to find them.  After an hour or so of  lurking and hunting we brought home Yoyo, Rainbow, Quizzler, Lucy, Johnny, Olie, Zoe, and Frisbee.  The next hour was spent watching them hut tiny crickets in their new tank! (I must say, the juxtaposition of the life-size cardboard Sleeping Beauty and the frog tank.....SO describes my girls.  What can I say?)

1 comment:

Who am I... said...

Yep, here it is, a comment box!:)FROGS SOUND SO COOL! Do they make their noise when in a tank?